What is Talent Acquisition?
Talent acquisition is often used by recruiters for satisfying their hiring needs. Talent acquisition is a process of HR that acts as an advocate for the company. They help the employers in meeting qualified candidates and building relationships between them.
The focus of talent acquisition is to improve the employer brand of the company and meet the company’s employment requirements professionally.
Talent Acquisition vs Recruitment vs Headhunter
|Talent acquisition focuses on matching the employers to qualified candidates and building the employer brand for the company. It aims to foster a positive image of the company in the eyes of candidates and build relationships with them.||Recruitment refers to the process of attracting and selecting qualified candidates for a given job position. Recruitment consists of the whole process of attracting candidates, selecting them, and onboarding them.||Headhunting refers to the process of actively searching for candidates, generally for higher executive positions. It helps in finding out the most suitable candidate for the job, especially for higher executive positions. Headhunters help both those who are looking for a job as well as those who are not looking for a job.|
Talent Acquisition Process
Here is the talent acquisition process which helps the companies in matching their employment needs.
- The first and foremost step is to analyze the employment needs of the company.
- The next step is to analyse the vacancy. It means analyzing the job available and determining the job description and other important information.
- The next step is to set criteria and different methods for hiring. It means determining what kinds of tests need to be used to assess the candidates and how to evaluate them.
- The next step is to start the search for potential candidates.
- After that, conduct the selection tests on the candidate and see if they match the criteria or not.
- The next step is to take the final hiring decision and onboard the selected candidate.
- The final step in talent acquisition is making sure that both the employer and employee are satisfied with each other.
Roles and Responsibilities of Talent Acquisition Specialist
Here are some of the major roles and responsibilities of a talent acquisition specialist-
- Building the employer brand of the company.
- Taking care of the company’s employment needs.
- Make sure that both the employer and employee are satisfied with each other and that the candidate matches and fits into the job requirement.
- Determining staffing needs of the company.
- Looking through resumes and applications
- Creating section criteria and methods.
- Creating job descriptions and interview questions.
- Building relationships with the candidates.
These were some of the major roles and responsibilities of a talent acquisition specialist. However, their role is not limited to these things and consists of a lot more roles and responsibilities.
We hope this blog provided some value to you. For more informative blogs;
Video Interviews can simplify your hiring
Don’t let a packed schedule be a hindrance in recruitment. Use structured interviews with the power of video to screen applicants. Understand the communication skills, motivation, and job skills using video interviews.
Pre-employment Testing: The Complete Guide
Move over from pen-paper based tests and manually checked assignments to pre-employment assessments. Democratize your organization hiring by screening for skills before you interview.
How can Employers adapt to Remote Hiring
With most jobs going remote, your best applicants could be in Melbourne or Miami. From remote screening and virtual interviews to remote onboarding, Learn the best practices to get started.