HR and recruitment is a very integrated process. To find the right candidate for a particular role, you have to consider multiple factors including personality, qualification, work culture, and numerous other factors. Thus, for an HR professional and recruiter, it is highly important to possess certain skills to recognize the right talent out of the large pool of competent candidates.
With the free and paid online courses, HR people and recruiters can polish their skills and find the right candidates using various tactics. If you want to improve your HR skills, you should enroll yourself in the following online courses today!
100+ Online HR & Recruiting Courses
Monster – Online Recruitment Training
Monster offers a free online resources center that helps recruiters get the most out of the job board. They also provide custom training webinars for entire recruiting teams, as opposed to individual recruiters.
The online resource center is free. Contact Monster for custom webinar pricing.
Lorman – Recruiting Skills Training & Continuing Education
Lorman provides continuing education for different professions. Their recruiter courses focus on managing a hiring budget and the importance of onboarding and employee retention.
Courses range from $99-$249. An annual all-access pass costs $699.
Alison is an upstart online school that offers a free certification course for recruiters. It has 14 million registered learners, 2 million graduates, and 1,500 courses available for free access in March 2020. These free online recruitment courses will teach you everything you need to know about the process of recruiting additional employees. Essential for the operation of businesses both big and small, recruitment professionals aim to identify and recruit the most suitable candidates for a job vacancy within their organization.
Recruiting Toolbox – Recruiter & Hiring Manager Training
Recruiting Toolbox is made up of former corporate recruiting leaders and focuses completely on hiring education. They offer custom training for recruiting teams made up of 10+ people and plan on releasing online courses for individual recruiters later this year.
Contact Recruiting Toolbox for custom training pricing.
Coursera is a worldwide online learning platform founded in 2012 by Stanford computer science professors Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller that offers massive open online courses, specializations, and degrees. We can learn online and earn valuable credentials from top universities like Yale, Michigan, Stanford, and leading companies like Google and IBM.
Coursera has quite a few human resources courses that touch on hiring but we were only able to find a few hiring-specific courses currently being offered.
- Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees
- Power Onboarding
- Managing Talent
- Human Resource Management: HR for People Managers Specialization
- Coaching Skills for Managers Specialization
Lynda is a leading online learning platform that helps anyone learn business, software, technology, and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals. They have a lot of recruiting and hiring content, ranging from short videos to lengthy courses and learning paths. Here are a few that stood out:
- Learning Paths – Become an External Recruiter, Corporate Recruiter, and Technical Recruiter
A series of courses focused on learning the necessary skills for specific recruiting roles.
- Performance-Based Hiring
Lou Adler teaches his famous hiring philosophy in this hour + course.
- Niche Recruiting
Learn how to specialize and focus on hiring for specific roles.
$20 or $30 monthly membership fee
Udemy is an online learning and teaching marketplace with over 100000 courses and 24 million students Udemy offers quite a few recruiting courses but focuses on teaching specific skills through a combination of videos and articles.
There are lots of best courses at affordable and best prices for recruiters around the world. Some of the picks from the online courses are listed below.
- Advanced Executive Recruiting & Hiring
- Recruitment Interviewing Essentials: Interviewing Made Easy
- Hiring Your Team: Recruitment and Selection Specialist
- The Lean Recruiting Toolkit: Yellow Belt Certificate
- RECRUITMENT ENGINEERING: Talent Sourcing Guide of 2020
- Building a Team from Scratch: Recruit, Hire, Onboard, & more
- Introduction to Hiring and Recruiting Strategy
- IT For IT Recruiters
- Recruiter Training – Hire Top Employees in 30 days
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Courses
The Talent Acquisition: Global Hiring module provides a high-level understanding of concepts and principles used when recruiting and retaining global talent. The course provides a broad understanding of the legal and compliance requirements for hiring non-U.S. citizens both within the U.S. and abroad.
- Talent Acquisition: Global Hiring- Individual
- Talent Acquisition: Global Hiring- Corporate
- Talent Acquisition: Getting the Candidate to Say Yes- Corporate
- Talent Acquisition: Getting the Candidate to Say Yes- Individual
- Talent Acquisition: Onboarding- Individual
- Talent Acquisition: Onboarding- Corporate
- Talent Acquisition: Trends- Individual
- Talent Acquisition: Trends- Corporate
- AI For Talent Acquisition- Corporate
- AI For Talent Acquisition- Individual
- Certified Diversity and Inclusion Recruiter (CDR)
- SearchLab (CIR)
- Professional Recruiter Certification
- Recruiter Academy
- Certified Social Sourcing Recruiter (CSSR)
- Hiring Heroes: A Field Guide to Veteran Recruitment
- Certified Social Media Recruiter (CSMR)
- AdvancedLab (ACIR)
- Elite Certified Recruitment Expert (ECRE) Certification
For Hiring Managers:
- Creating an Engaging Candidate Experience
- Interviewing Best Practices
- Hiring Manager Academy
- Effective Onboarding
- Sourcing for Hiring Managers: The Fundamentals of Finding Great Hires
- The Art & Science of Finding Passive Talent: A Recruiter’s Perspective
- Understanding Diversity and Inclusion
- Removing the Stigma of Unconscious Bias
- Understanding Interview Formats
- A Consultative Approach to Working with Recruiters
- Selling the Career Opportunity
- Interviewing to Identify Top Performers
Duration: 7 hours 47 minutes
Curriculum: This catch-all course will help your team better attract talent in a time when talented candidates are in short supply.
Duration: 7 hours 48 minutes
Curriculum: Six courses are led by three experts in the tech field, covering topics from how to fill technical roles in software development, systems admin, databases, architecture, and business process. If you’re looking to fill some of the most in-demand roles in tech, you will benefit from this course.
Duration: 10 hours 29 minutes
Curriculum: Seven professionals come together in nine videos to teach you the specific skills needed to recruit for a large corporation. From sourcing to interviews and onboarding, this course has everything you need to prepare for a corporate recruiting job.
Duration: 12 hours 8 minutes
Curriculum: This course contains 10 videos by six professionals to train you on the ins and outs of external or “independent” recruiting. This course is tailored to recruiters who prefer to build their own client base and candidate network instead of working for a corporation.
The National Association of Personnel Services Course
Cost: $550 (non-member), $350 (member)
Duration: 17 hours
Curriculum: This certification focuses on employment laws and the legal implications of hiring employees. They cover both direct-hire and temporary staffing legalities, and this course delves into laws around discrimination, identification, and hiring employees.
Talent Management Institute (TMI) Course
Talent Management Institute is a globally recognized talent management organization that helps novice and practiced HR professionals grow in their careers.
Cost: $525 (includes educational materials and exam fee)
Duration: 3-4 weeks
Curriculum: The Talent Manager Practitioner certification is ideal for recent graduates and HR professionals early in their careers. This certification helps aspiring professionals become more competitive in the HR industry.
Cost: $850 (includes educational materials and exam fee)
Duration: 3-4 weeks
Curriculum: The Senior Talent Manager Practitioner certification is intended for mid-career HR professionals, looking to advance in their professional development. This certification can also help you prequalify for the TMI-Wharton Associate Fellow of Talent Management program.
The Recruitment Education Institute
The Recruitment Education Institute is an entirely online school devoted to professional development for recruiters. They offer numerous video courses on specific topics, as well as an in-depth recruiter certification program.
Curriculum: For both novice and experienced recruiters, this course provides techniques on recruiting, client management, and full life cycle recruiting. They also delve deeper into topics, like advanced sourcing and performance metrics for more advanced professionals.
Recruiter Academy is referred to as “an MBA class for recruiting.”They have both a more general program for corporate recruiters as well as one for healthcare recruiters. A course from them is :
Duration: Ten 90-minute webinars
Curriculum: They’ve created this program in several easily digestible webinars that focus on managing the full recruitment life cycle. This course is approved for SHRM and HRCI programs, so you can gain credit hours that work toward more advanced certifications with either organization.
Sourcing Certifications offer training and certification programs for recruiters and talent acquisition professionals. They offer one brief 60-question exam that can be taken at your convenience online.
Preparation Material Cost: Free to members ($99/month subscription)
Exam Cost: $399
Duration: 3-4 hours
Curriculum: With a monthly subscription, you’ll have access to more than 30 hours of content, including webinars, ebooks, and support from professionals.
Universal Class is an online learning platform that allows you to take courses at your own pace while you interact with a live instructor via email. They have 500+ Courses, 1,000,000+ students benefited and 8,000,000+ lessons delivered.
Cost: $50.00 if No certificate – OR – $75.00 with CEU Certification (0.5 CEUs)
- “Recruiting & Retention Strategies” is a course that’s been specifically designed for professionals who are looking to improve their overall workforce. By looking at the best ways to retain employees and to recruit new talent, companies can ensure they are able to thrive, no matter what the economy does, and no matter what happens in the industry.
- Some of the topics covered in this course include how companies benefit from recruiting talent, employee branding, aligning recruitment to job requirements, the importance of retention, how recruitment and retention work together, how to retain your talent, preventing high turnover rates, using benefits to maintain a competitive hiring advantage, corporate wellness programs, managing attrition, and surviving a talent crunch.
- 14 lessons, 20 Exams, and Assignments, 5 Hours of average class time.
OpenLearn is an educational website. It is the UK’s Open University’s contribution to the Open educational resources project and the home of free, open learning from The Open University.
FutureLearn is a digital education platform founded in December 2012. The company is jointly owned by The Open University and SEEK Ltd. It is a Massive Open Online Course learning platform, and as of June 2020 included 175 UK and international partners, including non-university partners.
- An Introduction to the Assessment of People at Work
- HR Fundamentals
- Healthcare Selection and Recruitment
Free for all courses
Aon Hewitt is a provider of human capital and management consulting services headquartered in the United States in Lincolnshire, Illinois. From 500 offices in 120 countries, it provided consulting, outsourcing, and reinsurance brokerage services.
With Aon’s Ready Certification Series, HR professionals get access to 7 new high-fidelity virtual learning journeys focused on role readiness in Rewards, Performance, Talent Acquisition, Business Partnership, HR Analytics, and Assessments.
- Certified HR Analytics Ready
- Certified Assessments Ready
- Certified Performance Management Ready
- Certified Talent Acquisition Ready
- Certified Rewards Ready
- Certified HR M&A Professional
- Certified HR Business Partner Ready
- Certified Behavioral Event Interviewing Expert
Course Fee: Starts from INR 25,000 | USD 450 (inclusive of tax).
Weekly Time Commitment: Minimum 2-3 hours.
HRCI, headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, is the premier credentialing and learning organization for the human resources profession. HRCI develops and offers world-class learning, as well as the administration of eight global certifications, and is dedicated to helping professionals achieve new competencies that drive business results.
An independent nonprofit organization, HRCI is dedicated to advancing the HR profession by developing and administering best-in-class accredited certifications, including:
- Associate Professional in Human Resources®
- Associate Professional in Human Resources – International™
- Professional in Human Resources®
- Professional in Human Resources — California®
- Professional in Human Resources – International™
- Senior Professional in Human Resources®
- Senior Professional in Human Resources – International™
- Global Professional in Human Resources®
Introduction to Inclusive Talent Acquisition
Offered by: edX.
edX is a massive open online course provider created by Harvard and MIT. It hosts online university-level courses in a wide range of disciplines to a worldwide student body, including some courses at no charge.
- How to identify potential barriers to employment
- How to comfortably recruit, interview, and onboard candidates with disabilities
- How to improve workplace accessibility and culture to support candidates with different abilities
Tech Recruitment Certification Course
Offered by: DevSkiller.
Devskiller is a tech sourcing, screening, and skill mapping platform powered by RealLifeTesting™. Recruit the right developers and boost your hiring results. DevSkiller is trusted by customers from 50+ countries. They test programming languages, frameworks, and libraries. Helps to hire developers remotely, test developers online, and hire programmers at scale.
Tech Recruitment Certification Course is a free training course covering the fundamentals of IT recruitment.
The course is packed full of up-to-date information about the developer landscape, findings of industry reports, and intel on the IT recruitment process. It also comprises tried and true tricks of industry experts so you can turn knowledge into action and effective tools designed to boost your HR metrics.
By learning professional recruitment skills from industry experts, you can grow in your career tremendously. You can learn from the experience, knowledge, and skills of the most successful recruiters while seating at your home. Thus, if you want to make your quarantine period effective, you should immediately pick a suitable online recruitment course from the list and push your career beyond the sky.